- We got video to work using a nasty hack that gstreamer provides.
- This hack was a temporary solution to allow us to test the encoding and decoding of the video.
- After updating our xo's, we were able to test it with xvimagesink. This sink gets about double the frame rate of ximagesink which will be helpful.
- It is currently using the theora codec, which the xo systems seem to have trouble with. Future optimization will be needed.
- We have been looking into streaming video the correct way. We plan to use farsight and telepathy to complete this task.
- The example code we have from the original video chat activity is unusable. It used binary copies of telepathy, gstreamer, and farsight which makes it hard to understand and ugly.
- We found some sample Code that is understandable. We just need to get it working and then try to port it into our code.
- Episode 4 was posted
- On Saturday, we attended barcamp and gave a small talk about our project and other things that RIT does in the foss community.