Week 3 Review: Chat system
Fix Webcam on 1.5
- autovideosink seems to be broke
- Currently using xvideosink
Modularize the code
- Split up the code into classes that allows easier editing
Even More Hardware
- 5 Linx Donated 12 of their video phones (10 old and 2 of the new model)
- Their hardware supposedly runs linux, so some cool hacking might be possible in the near future
- We are planning on bringing a couple of them to Innerlock Rochester and see what they can do with them
- We now have a working chat system
- Basic join/leave messages, basic chat
- Need to implement names with the messages, but otherwise things are working well.
- When asking for the community for help, we got a few RTFM's. The manual they were pointing us to had "to be documented" pages in the video section.
- trose, had a conversation that may be helpful (we will see next week).
- We recoded episode 3, but as of this moment it is still not online. I'll post a link as soon as I see it
- Trose also started a facebook fan page for open video chat.
Post a Comment